2012/07/30

Refashionista: Floral maxiskirt

I've been a refashionista for a long time and I have to say, I'm kind of addicted. I love the rush I get from transforming an unwanted garment into a must-have item. Especially when it's so quick and easy. You'll definitely see a lot of refashions on this blog. First up is a dress to skirt transformation.


This was not meant to be a tutorial, but the steps are easy:



1) You need a dress a couple of sizes too big. This depends on where you have to cut. The dress has to be long enough for you to get the maxi length from the armpits down. If it's longer, you'll need to make the cut lower. Makes sense? The cut point has to be the width of your hips + extra for ease.
2) Make the cut (see above picture)!
3) Serge or zig-zag the edges.
4) Attach elastic waistband. I used 5 cm wide elastic and left it open in the front, but you could sew it together if you have enough ease in the hip area to pull it up.
5) Now go out and show your new skirt to the world!





Have fun turning old dresses into fabulous maxis!

3 comments:

  1. love the skirt! such a great print! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The print was what I loved about the dress, too :). Sometimes it's the pattern that inspires a refashion.

      Delete
  2. very very nice and a great idea..
    ciao ciao Christa

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home