2013/06/04

Refashionista: Cutoff shorts for summer


Summer is finally here! We've been having perfect summer weather this past week. This means, that it's time to dust off those summer clothes and put shorts back on top of the trouser pile in my closet. It's also  the perfect opportunity to upcycle some jeans that you're not wearing anymore. Cut-offs are super easy to make and customize with ribbons, lace, fabric paints, dye, fabric and so on and so on.


I had a pair of simple light blue denim jeans that I never really wore much. Somehow, I just didn't feel pretty in them. They fit great at the waist though, so I thought they'de make a great pair of shorts for the summer.

The process really was super simple:


I think the above process is self-explanatory. Take some jeans, cut off the legs, zig-zag or overlock the cut edges, pin lace to the legs, add some cute flower embellishments here and there, sew all of that in place, and that's it!



Love my new shorts! I hope they'll get loads of wear this summer.


7 comments:

  1. Cute! I love how these turned out. I especially love the little lace flowers on the back, too cute! But my favorite part? Those shorts with the tied white button down. Such a cute outfit together! I'm your newest follower on GFC and FB, you should come check out our blog some time!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    amazing shorts. Suits you so good.
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the detailing on the back with the cuffs. And I especially adore the white button down with the shorts! I will definitely have to try that soon! xoxo,

    Amy
    http://stayradwithamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! A white button down and some short jeans is a classic summer outfit I think. Perfect for the beach!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nice idea. I will surely try this to make a shorts for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea!! Ill have to do that especially with my new lace women shoes, it would match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home