2013/12/22

Holiday decor



I hope you're all enjoying the holiday season. Santa's workshop has been in full working mode all throughout the week to get all the handmade presents ready. Since I can't share any of that just yet I thought I'd pop by and show a small bit of our Christmas decor this year.


I decided right away that I wouldn't buy ay new decorations this year. I have huge amounts of crafting supplies that are cluttering my bedroom, so I decided to try and use as much of what I already had in hand.

I've been using thrifted glasses as candle holders, and to add a little holiday spirit I painted the edge golden with permanent marker. A quick and simple fix, but I think it adds a lot. I also made some golden cardboard christmas trees. Then I gathered a bunch of random materials like yarn, foam balls and cardboard to make this easy hanging garland. I made pom-poms from yarn, covered the foam craft balls with yarn and rope leftovers, and cut golden circles from cardboard (which was actually a pizza box spray painted gold).


I love handmade decorations! They're so much more meaningful, and making them got me into the holiday spirit. I hope you had time to add handmade touches to your own holiday decor.

I wish you and yours a truly wonderful Christmas time!



Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas from Spain, I love your blog. I expect 2014 be a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you as well! Thank you for the kind words! I have a hunch that 2014 will be the best year yet :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Hanna - Hope the "we" and "our" have a great Christmas! Loved those little votive holders!! Even if I don't get to my other holiday decor - candles are a MUST! Can't get enough pine or cinnamon scent in my life. Looking forward to more interesting & useful tips in the new year from my crafter pal across the miles. It's the gift I give to myself: opening up your emails!! :) Thx for sharing.....Peace - xo, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, thank you so much for your sweet words. They brighten my days! We're having a wonderful holiday season. A very merry Christmas to you, too!

      I'm sure next year will be full on creative projects here on the blog, so I'll see you around! :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home