2013/12/02

Hello December!


It seems that once again a year is coming to an end. It's December, the time for snowy walks, hot spiced wine, clementines and gingerbread. And, every day something to look forward to! This year we decided to make each other an Advent calendar. It was so much fun to put together and craft, and now we each have something to look forward to every morning.


For the calendars I sewed together different sized paper bags to fill with goodies, love, and hugs. We each decorated the bags and hung them on a long string. The finished advent calendars are now decorating our living room.


I must admit I'm a sucker for December. It's always the busiest time of year, but also the most fun time. It's when you appreciate what you have and enjoy time with your loved ones.



I'm going to try and make as many handmade gifts as possible. I love thinking up meaningful presents that my friends and family will appreciate for years to come. It's not always possible to make everyone something handmade, but I try my best every year. I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year!





Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Love love love the creative interpretation of the traditional Advent Calender! As someone who observes that PRE Christmas season & enjoys the "daily surprise", yours is a brilliant alternative to the flat little cardboard doors! As always, thanks for sharing your amazing time & talents. Have a cool yule! Martha

    P.S. Who is "we"?? Hmmmmmm? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments, Martha! WE are also very pleased with our calendars - it makes each December morning so much more special. And, I see you are very attentive ;). I'm not yet ready to share the "we" I'm referring to in this post, but I'm sure the time will come very soon.

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home