2013/08/17

Lighthouse style & new lace back tank top


I visited Estonia's second largest island last weekend. It was a fun trip full of beautiful shorelines, lighthouses and sights worth seeing. I shared a few pictures in my last refashionista post, but since the tank top I was wearing is also a recent make, I thought it deserved it's own post along with the whole outfit I was wearing that day.





This tank top is my umpteenth make of the Burda tank top pattern (find details of the pattern and similar patterns in this post). I've used it so many times I've lost count (see here, here, here, and here for previous makes). It's by far the most useful pattern I have. This time I used only the front pattern piece just like I did when making the maxi dress, only I lowered the neckline in the back and raised it in the front. I didn't dare to lower it in the back more in the fear of exposing my bra, although now I know I could have.

This top is also a stash buster. I used the last of the stretchy lace and also all the remnants of the white jersey I got from a thrift shop (both previously used in the making of this t-shirt). I'm really happy with the way this top came out! Happy weekend, my friends!

Outfit details:
Skirt - refashioned
Tank top - made by me
Jacket - H&M from 8 years ago
Purse - thrifted
Earrings - made by me
Necklace - vintage from my Grandma


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous top! Your blog makes me want to try my hand at using the sewing machine.

    XOXO

    www.alinitinidaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alina! It really means a lot. Inspiring more people to make and create is something I fell very passionately about.

      Delete
  2. amazing look. i love this skirt. and the pictures are really nice.

    groetjes
    vreeni
    freak in you

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home