2013/10/30

Inspired: Adding ribbon bows to your rainboots


This post is just another piece of evidence showing that I am incapable of leaving my stuff the way I bought it. Yes, I admit it, I'm totally addicted to refashioning. But what can you do, when you see these adorable rainboots on Pinterest:


Could you help yourself? I didn't think so. And, they come with a tutorial, so you can make your own. I actually didn't look at the tutorial until after I made mine since these were easy to replicate from the picture, but if you'd like some guidelines, be sure to check it out. Also, I didn't cut the back of the boots open like it says in the tutorial since my boots fit me as are. But, it's a great tip for those of you who have trouble squeezing your curvy calves into boots.





I adore my new rainboots! And, they were only 7€. Got to love a bargain like that! I got them ready just in time for the stormy season around here. I've already taken them out to splash in the puddles, and got some compliments. Thanks to Christy for the inspiration!


2 comments:

  1. How did you do this DIY without cutting open the back of the shoe??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a hassle to get the last grommets in, but what I did was to measure the point where the hole should be with a ruler and marked it on the inside of the boots, then used the tool included in the package to punch the hole into the boots (I helped with the hammer from the inside of the boot) and then added the grommet as instructed. It takes a little fiddling, but it's totally do-able. Plus, it helps if you keep the distance of the grommets relatively small. Hope this helps

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home