2013/10/04

Refashionista: Sweater makeover with dye


Most times, the quickest way to transform a garment, is to just dip it in dye. Once you've tried it a couple of times and mastered the little tricks of dyeing, it's so easy to give a piece of clothing a completely new look with a pack of dye.


I got this sweater from a friend of a friend who wanted to get rid of some of her old clothing. I loved the quirky cut of the sweater, but the color was not at all me. So, I decided right on to try and dye it. Not all dye jobs work out, so think twice before dipping your designer blouse into hot dye. But if it's a garment you know you won't wear because of its color, then I think it's worth experimenting.


I must say that this is the best dye job I have ever made, next to the tie-dye jersey tee and the ombre dress.  I love the burgundy color that  I got (I used a dark red dye) and how even the color is. There are definitely risks when it comes to dyeing garments at home, but in this case I'm so glad I took the risk. 


2 comments:

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home