2013/11/18

Refashionista: 80's pussy bow blouse makeover


I found this cute pussy bow blouse amongst my Mom's old clothes. The general puffiness of it was screaming 80's, but I really loved the fabric and the classic pussy bow detail. You know I had to hack into it! Sometimes I feel like I should leave vintage garments the way they are to preserve the fashion of that era for my own children to explore, but then again, we can't accumulate bags and bags full of old unwanted clothing. So, some alterations were in order.



I cut off the sleeves and reconstructed them using a pattern I'd used previously. I decided against gathered sleeves, because the blouse has enough gathers in the bodice and doesn't really need any extra fullness in my opinion. I also took in abut 5cm from the side seams. I then recut the armholes and sewed the new sleeves in again. All done!


I'm pretty much in love with this blouse. I absolutely adore the vibrant colors and the floral print. I've worn it several times already, and I have a feeling this one's going to become a wardrobe staple real fast.

As for my November goal to reduce my refashion pile by 1 per week, I've done a lot of progress, but it seems that the refashion pile is like a seven-headed dragon. I finish one projects, and several new ones get added to the pile. How does that happen? Still, it's better to have many projects in the works than none at all.




Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blouse! I love the new style. Makes me want to try something similar with some old tops I just don't wear anymore.

    XOXO

    www.alinitinidaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alina! I think you should definitely give it a try. It's always so gratifying to give something old a new life.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home