2014/04/05

Weekend Favorite Reads

the best cup of joe made by my fiance
This weekend is/was all about relaxing, catching up on some reading, wedding planning and time with family. So, I thought I'd share some of my this week's favorite links from around the web with you.

Blogging and everything related is still pretty prominently in my mind. I've been planning a blog design makeover and thinking of ways to improve this place. I want to enjoy blogging and be inspired as well as inspire you guys, so it's really important to me to grow consistently. Speaking of learning and growing, I've been messing around with Photoshop curves. The top photo is edited using Siiri Kumari's free photoshop curves.

I stumbled on a great blog post over at Aunt Peaches that gathers all sorts of awesome articles and resources for people who want to start or grow their blog. I haven't managed to click through all of them yet, but I did find Dana's article about SEO basics super helpful.

my messy studio waiting for spring cleaning
Spring always sparks the creative spirit in me. I find myself wanting to experiment and try new things. When I read about doing my own gel manicure and trying out false lashes on A Beautiful Mess, I wanted to give it a try. I've got plans to try out false lashes this week. Laura mentioned that her individual lashes stay on for about a week, and I'd love to give it a go. Wouldn't it be great if I could cross out applying mascara and removing it from my daily tasks. And, I think I might invest in nail gel as well. I'll let you know how that pans out.

Oh, and if you've been caught by the spring cleaning bug, you might want to check out this article on Apartment Therapy. I know my home and computer are in a dire need of a deep clean, so I'll try to carve out some time for that as well next week.

Have a fun Sunday!





Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home