2013/05/01

Refashionista: Trousers into bag upcycle



I know it's already Wednesday, and you're all waiting for a refashionista post since Monday. Sorry, guys! It's been a hell of a weekend and a busy start of the week. It's going to be a crazy May, but bare with me friends, things will get back to normal around here soon. Now, to today's refashion.


Since I'm the main refashionista in our family, my Dad often sends his old jeans and trousers my way in the hopes that they might be of some use to me. I think I have anywhere from 5-10 pairs of my Dad's old jeans in my refashion dresser (yes, I have a dresser full of clothing waiting to be refashioned). Old men's jeans are not an easy thing to refashion, but I think I just might have found a great way to give those old worn-down trousers a new life.


This is my third trouser bag, and I have to say they are very reliable and big enough for me to fit all my things into. This bag might seem huge to you, but you have no idea what I carry around each day (lol).


I actually used bits and pieces from an old bag to make this trouser bag, so it's kind of a double upcycle.  The handles and the zipper are from one of my old bags that was beyond repair. And I used some fun vintage fabric for the inside lining.


Now, I hesitate to say this, but I didn't like this bag at first when I finished it. I don't quite know what it was about it that I didn't like. But, it's starting to grow on me, and hopefully I'll be in love with it real soon. It's been my trusty companion for the past week, and has risen to the challenge. All in all, a successful refashion.


1 comment:

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home