2013/07/09

DIY Lace pocket t-shirt


Summer is the time I miss t-shirts in my wardrobe the most. During the other 9 months of the year, I don't really wear them much, but in the summertime they become a wardrobe necessity. They're the perfect thing to pair with a maxi skirt or shorts. And white is the perfect color since it goes with everything. So, of course I had to make another white t-shirt.

 
I used the same pattern that I drafted here. You can get all the instructions for your own pattern in that post, so I won't add the tutorial here. There were a couple of things I did differently this time. Firstly, I didn't split the patter pieces, so no lace upper bodice this time. Just a plain white tee would have been too boring, so I added a simple lace pocket for visual interest. It's hard to see it in the pictures, but it looks great in real life.


This tee has already served me well. It's perfect with jeans, shorts, and skirts. Not too fancy, not too plain. Just right!



I haven't gotten behind my sewing machines in a few weeks and I miss them. But I'm back in the city for the next 2 weeks, so we'll have plenty of face time, I'm sure. And hopefully, I'll get round to making some of the things on my "need desperately" list.

Happy sewing, my friends!


4 comments:

  1. This is very nice t shirts.White is a perfect color which can easily paired with any jeans and shorts.I am agree with you that t shirts are best for summers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far down and over did you go in regards to the pocket placement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually placed on the boob area, but didn't actually measure the exact position. I would suggest you try the front patter piece on and mark where you'd like the pocket to be. I think since everyones body has somewhat different proportions you should check where your preference is.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home