2013/09/13

DIY Red Waterfall Earrings


It's been a while since I last posted a jewelry tutorial, so I'd say this one's been long overdue. I haven't really made much jewelry at all lately, but thankfully my friend Ann asked me to make her a pair of red earrings for fancy occasions (that is not to say you can't wear these every day). And they are very easy to make -  a perfect project for someone taking their first steps in jewelry making.

This is what you'll need:


1. round nosed pliers
2. wire cutters
3. jewelry wire (I used 0.6mm wire)
4. earrings hooks
5. about 5-6cm of chain or enough to fit all your beads
6. 2 large glass beads
7. smaller beads in different shades (I used 10 per earring)


The steps are pretty self-explanatory. First attach the large bead to the earring hook. Then attach the chain to the large bead. And finally attach all the smaller beads to the chain. This is where you can play around. You could use different sized and color beads, and attach more than 1-2 beads per chain loop. Experiment a little and see what you like best. There are so many possibilities for variation.


I'm so glad Ann loved her new earrings. I think I might have to create something similar for myself as well. They do look gorgeous!


2 comments:

  1. Love love love these earrings! The way they "fall" and how the beads are uneven look fabulous! Thx for sharing - these would sell well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! I think I'm done with making jewelry for sale at the moment (unless it's a custom order), but I'm so glad the recipient of these loved them.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home