2013/09/05

Refashionista: Knitted blouse remake


Today's makeover is all about small changes that make and old stretched out garment wearable again. The changes are really minor, but the effect is just what I was going for. So, if you have a t-shirt or other knit blouse with stretched out armpits and sleeves, you could also try out this fix.



The process was really pretty simple:


1. I cut off the sleeves.
2. I cut off the ribbed part of the sleeve ends plus 1 cm seam allowance.
3. I placed the ribbed part into the armpit and marked the length, then sewed the armpit smaller taking the blouse in from the side seams. I previously marked how far I needed to take in and how much.
4. I sewed the ribbed new "sleeve" into the armhole.
5. This is how the blouse looked after the inserted new sleeves.
6. To fix the fit of the new sleeves, I made 2 small diagonal seams on the ribbed portion as shown in the picture above.

Easy as pie, guys! Hopefully you got some ideas and inspiration for your own remakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home