2013/09/10

Refashionista: Circle cutout t-shirt


T-shirts are an endless source for refashions. I rarely wear a simple t-shirt, yet I love a comfy style, so adding a little oomph to an otherwise boring garment is one of my favorite things to do. This t-shirt was not really boring, rather than too cutesy with the deer on the front, and had some serious yellow stains that didn't come out in the wash.



I've been meaning to try out some cutout circles, and this t-shirt seemed just the right target for that kind of experimentation. So, I took three different size glasses out of the kitchen cupboard and got to work. I used the same basic technique as with the heart cutout tee, but instead of the heart shape I used the glasses as templates.



I think the idea itself is good, though I'm not extremely pleased with the end result. I think the biggest glass was a bit too big, and I should have maybe added even more circles. Right now they seem a little bit too random. What do you think? Yey or nay?


11 comments:

  1. Were I you, I would add some more (preferably smaller ones, though the bigger ones look OK to me)
    The idea itself is interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about the same solution. Thanks for pitching in!

      Delete
  2. I think that this is such a fun idea! I actually really love it.(:

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely going to experiment some more with this idea.

      Delete
  3. Hi Hanna, I did rain drops instead!

    http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.com/2013/09/raindrop-applique.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hanna - I love the cutouts idea, but for this experiment yes, I think maybe you should reduce the randomness. Maybe add more cutouts so it is more like a diagonal 'slash' of bubbles across the front that wraps partially around the back. Then I'd wear a darker shade camisole under neath so the cutouts really standout but demurely. Have a great day and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great way to 'adult' a child looking tee! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home