2013/09/27

Refashionista - Tote bag makeover


I think I've never restyled a bag before. I've recycled a bag from a pair of old trousers, but I haven't remade an existing bag. But this red tote I found at my favorite thrift store really needed some spark. It was just too boring to wear. So, I added some studs and a funky closure to spice things up.



For the studded corners I used 4 different sized studs I bought from my local haberdashery. I also bought a closure, cause for some reason the bag had a hole on the flap, but no closure. What!? That was odd. I didn't find a fold closure big enough for the hole, so I improvised, and added a tassel to make it bigger.


I used a hole puncher to make small holes before inserting the studs, and later, once all the studs were in place, glued a leather triangle to the inside of the flap to cover the backs of the studs.


I'm loving this bag now! It's the perfect size for school, since I carry all of my life around with me, and apparently I need a lot of stuff to live. This was such a simple makeover process, and the end result is so cool. I think I'm starting to turn into a I-need-to-remake-everything-I-own type of person. I wonder what's next...

Have a crafty weekend, my friends! I'll see you soon!


4 comments:

  1. What a terrific remake, the studs instantly update the bag. Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dagmar! I think the studs were the right call for this bag :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! Love a small update that has a huge impact :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home