2013/09/17

Endings & Beginnings

Photo by Taavi Paal
It's the season of change. I've always been afraid of it. Not knowing what's ahead, making hard decisions and jumping into the unknown IS scary. What I've realized, though, is that there is no growth without change. There can be no success without taking risks. And no dreams can come true when we're too scared to follow them.

I've been meaning to write this post for about a month, but it's too hard to find the right words to express what I'm feeling. Then I realized - there are no RIGHT words, there are just words.

In many ways, this period in my life has been about ending one chapter and beginning another. You've probably noticed the sporadic posting and the little changes in the blog layout. But that's just one tiny change in the see of changes. Where do I even begin?

One thing you might have noticed is that Elle is no longer posting on the blog. If you're thinking we had a falling out, rest assured we are still friends. Elle is just one of those people who knows how to set priorities in her life, and I admire her for that. She realized that blogging was not her passion, and that she needed to devote more of her time to her true passion - music. I totally support her in this decision - you need to be committed to your dreams to make them a reality. Maybe you'll spot her here once in a while, but she will no longer be co-authoring the blog.

I also closed my shop. Whether this is a temporary or permanent change is yet to be seen. As much as I loved developing my products, I did not love the everyday work of managing my own online shop. And finally, it all comes back to the same priorities. I need to make singing my top priority, and that means letting go of things that take me away from it.

Day 30: in the see of change
Whilst change can be good, some choices are harder than others to make. This summer I made the hardest decision I've ever had to make, and I'm still trying to cope with the aftermath of it. But, I felt it was time to let go, and let myself begin the pursuit of happiness in another shape and form. I debated long and hard whether or not to write about it here on the blog. I'm not writing this to get sympathy. I've poured so much of myself into this blog that it felt wrong to simply ignore something so life-altering. I don't even know how to say it, so here goes... I decided to give up the biggest part of my life - my love of 10 years.
There are a lot of people who don't understand me. To those people I can only say - don't judge before you've been there. But, what I've also found is that I have so many amazing people in my life - my persons - who have been there for me through everything. To them I'd like to say - thank you from the bottom of my heart! You will never know how much your support means to me.

I don't want to go into further detail at this point or discuss it here on the blog, but since this blog is a big part of me, I thought this period in my life should be reflected here somehow.

Thanks for reading!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Hanna. I am thinking what to write to you like an hour already, but it is like you said- there are no right words. So just to say- you are beautiful, talented and young- many wonderful things still to come ! :) I just hope you will keep posting as I love to follow. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mõnda ust on raske sulgeda, kohe isegi väga. Kuid elu paraku juba nii on, et mõni väga hea asi laguneb laiali just selleks, et midagi veel paremat aset saaks leida...
    Tasakaalu ja hingerahu Sulle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hana - your blog is one of the very few that I read consistently. So many are full of drivel but your blog has always touched me in some way and I have enjoyed each and every issue. Good luck with your next phase and perhaps I will hear you someday on the international stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanna - I am grateful for your candid posts regardless of their content....I always know I will get the truth from you and that's sort of an issue with me - not getting a fair or clear picture of things on other sites....However, you've consistently and completely been open & upfront about everything from singing, to school, to age, to sewing, to decorating, what's been hard, what's been easy, what to expect, and what surprised you along your creative path(s)....This is why I keep coming back so often to read and study your tips, lessons, illustrations, etc. It would be so trite for me to say "I knew that before this year was through, that you'd make the announcement that you did today" - it was just a feeling, an intuition maybe about what you've shared already & where your life will take you - you were bound to fly solo (for now) sooner or later - creative minds and loving hearts need space to grow. I am not at all shocked by your news but grieve with you the discomfort and confusion you may be feeling. As you know, it is temporary. Great & wonderful things will follow now that you've made room for them to evolve - in mind, body, and spirit. Be well and await your time to rejoice. I look forward to more updates as they occur. Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear, things will be fine :) and if it was meant to be, it would have lasted. Change is also good and you will learn alot and become a different, better person ! courage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for you incredibly kind words and warm support! It truly means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your honesty is beautiful. Huge life changes take guts. Hope you keep chasing happiness. x Elena

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home