2014/02/16

Sunday Spirit: Smashing the walls inside


I love this quote! I don't know who said it, but I'm glad it found its way through the interwebs into my Pinterest feed.

I wish I could say I'm the type of person who has no walls and builds no boundaries, but the truth is, I'm just like most of us - scared to step out of my comfort zone and do something I've never done before. I mean, what if I fail? What if people judge me? What if...
The past year, however, has forced me to test my boundaries, to push myself further, and to overcome fear. And every time I've done that, I've felt nearer to my dreams. It makes me feel like I truly can accomplish anything if I really want to.

I'm trying to make a habit out of smashing walls. Every time I want to do something, but am held back by fear, I ask myself - what do I really have to lose? Because I know what I have to gain. I also know, that the fear will fade as soon as I take the first step. So, all it takes, is taking that first step.

I'm taking the first step today. How about you? When was the last time you pushed your boundaries and smashed one of those walls? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments.


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed by how much courage you have! I tend to get used to everything so easily and hate it when I'm forced to change anything about my life. But still, as you emphasised in previous posts - sometimes a change leads to even better things. I have to learn to accept it because there are a few major changes coming in my nearest future (I'm going to university this year).

    I hope everything turns out well with your plans! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, although I may not deserve them just yet. But, I'm trying to have more courage to take the harder steps towards my goals. It's not all sunny walks and smooth sailing. Change is always a little bit daunting, so a little resistance is perfectly normal. We all get a little anxious before bog change. I mean, in our comfort zone we at least know what to expect, right?
      I'm sure the beginning of a new chapter in your life will bring you a lot of new, but good things.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home