2014/03/21

Friday favorite reads


It's Friday, my friends! I've been down with the flu for the past couple of days, just kicking it back, drinking lots of tea and getting plenty of rest. I'm already feeling so much better and can't wait to get back into the swing of things around here. Before I get back to drinking more tea, and tackling my to-do list, I thought I'd share some of my favorite articles around the interwebs this week for your weekend reading pleasure (there's still time to use your get-March-for-free coupon to get your hands on this month's DIY Lifestyle Mag).

image via ohdeardrea
Andrea from Ohdeardrea recently wrote about a subject very close to my heart - living a happier, more fulfilled, and sustainable lifestyle. This is something I believe very strongly in, and her writing resonated with me. My parents have thought me to live within my means and to be conscious of my spendings. It's part of the Estonian lifestyle, I think. Most of the people in Estonia don't even own a credit card. So, we never spend money we don't have. And that helps to create a more meaningful relationship with the items you buy as well. When you know you're spending your hard earned cash, you probably think twice before buying something you don't really need. And valuing the things you have is the corner stone of sustainable living. I could go on and on about this, but that will have to wait for another post.

image via A Beautiful Mess
Elsie's post about blogging as a young industry sparked so many thought in me. I spent an hour reading through the comments. It was really interesting to read other bloggers' opinions and struggles on this subjects. I've also been thinking a lot about the direction of Pearls & Scissors recently. I haven't reach any conclusions or decisions yet, but I've done a lot of dreaming and scheming (trying to see the forest behind the trees).

The last thing I want to share today is the Wardrobe Architect series over at Colette Patterns' blog. One of my goals for this year was to work on building my dream wardrobe. A closet full of clothing I would love to wear. I hate standing in front of the closet and thinking I have nothing to wear, although it's backed with clothes. I have a lot of clothing that I have outgrown, but have trouble parting with, and clothing that fits badly, but I love otherwise. I'm looking forward to diving into the wardrobe architect series. It's full of great tips.

I hope you'll have a wonderful weekend!


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post! Thanks! Maybe you could write similar ones in the future? There are quite a few bloggers who do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, Ola! I'll definitely try to write more about the subject I'm passionate about in the future.

      Delete
  2. Loved the post very much!
    I have the same problem with my wardrobe right now - I feel like I have so many things but somehow combining the is hard. ;-) It's always like - I love this dress but I don't have the right shoes to go with it nor the right cardigan to wear it with in the evenings. And so on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina, you just pretty much described my morning routine at my closet. It's full of clothes, but I can't seem to find a winning combination. There's always something missing. Well, I hope we can tackle this problem this year!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home