2014/03/02

Lazy weekend




A lazy weekend used to be a foreign concept to me. I'd usually use my Friday night to make to-do lists a mile long and then hustle all weekend to get things done. A weekend spent on late mornings, long walks and nights with friends seemed like something I didn't have time for. I felt so guilty taking some time off when I had a million things to do.

Luckily, I've changed a lot. I understand now that a weekend spent doing a million things isn't really well spent. Don't get me wrong, I love checking off things from my to-do list as much as the next perfectionist, but what I've realized is that time spent on nurturing yourself and the relationships most important to you are investments that pay off way more in the long run than any one check on that list.

So, this weekend I invested my time into things that matter. Having a slow morning with my fiance, trying out a new recipe (I finally tried making eggs in a muffin form), taking a long walk, drinking the best coffee latte in town, and watching Eurovision with friends. And sewing, of course!

Yes, I do realize I have a gazillion things I should have done like school work, e-mails and work, but...there's always Monday morning for that, isn't there?

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, my friends!



Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I'm engaged :D. The announcement was in this post: http://www.pearlsandscissors.com/2014/02/this-is-us.html

      Delete
    2. I realize now, that I didn't actually use the words engaged in that post :P.

      Delete
  2. What's the recipe for the eggs? Congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congrats! The eggs are really simply. Just crack an egg into a muffin tin, add some salt and pepper and perhaps some chopped ham and put it in the oven for about 7 minutes. You could always google muffin pan eggs :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home