2014/06/04

Refashionista: Men's turtleneck into a Henley-style shirt

Today is a new day and I'm back with another men's refashion. This was actually the very first refashion I did for Rein, but it took us months to finally get some photos of it.

This refashion started with a men's turtleneck long-sleeved t-shirt I found at the locals thrift shop. I wasn't crazy about the fabric, but I loved the color and it was in an almost-new condition. Oh, and the price of the day was only 2€. Couldn't resist, now could I?
The first and most important thing to go was the turtleneck. It was hideous. I mean, I don't have anything against turtlenecks in general, but it's not Rein's thing, so it had to go. I decided on a Henley-type neckline. But, as you can see, I deterred from the definition of a Henley neckline a bit. First, the neckline isn't round, and second, the placket is not 10cm long. In fact, there is no placket, it's only the binding overlapping. I love it though, and it's way easier to construct than an actual Henley.
The t-shirt needed shortening as well, but we got the measurements a bit wrong, so finally it came out a bit too short. Oh well, I was wiser the second time around. I used the left-over fabric from the turtleneck to cut a binding for the new neckline. That's the bonus of a turtleneck. Lots of extra fabric to use.
All in all, I'm pretty content with how this refashion turned out. It has it's faults, like every "first" has, but I learned a lot and that's also a big win in my book. I think it's time to go thrifting for men's wear again...

What do you think of this refashion? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home