2014/06/03

Words for the week // No.3 (and some news)

Yesterday was a tough day for me. Long story short - I was not accepted into Cologne University for Music and Dance. Yes, I'm pretty bummed. I knew my age would be a major issue here, so I had prepared myself for this, but still, it makes me sad. I don't even know if I would have if I would be, you know? But, would-haves and could-haves don't mean much. So, I did what any normal person in my shoes would do. I was sad, cried a little, and then bought a bottle of wine. Rein and I had a great night at the hostel chatting to some other travelers, drinking wine and enjoying the beautiful warm summer night. 

This isn't the end of anything really. I'm still glad I tried. I'd rather try and fail, than not try at all and wish I had. I'm still going to follow my dreams and I know I'm going to get at least a hundred more "no's" before I get a "yes", but that's what life's like. My Mom always says that everything is good for something. And my Mom's always right. So, I'm not worried. There's so much good in my life, and I know more good is to come. This "failure" was just a rock on the road. Or rather, it wasn't a failure at all, but a great learning experience. 

Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

  1. Your mum is so right...and let me tell you that Cologne is really a worth City ...wish you the best for news and other applications !
    Greetings Geli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure more positive news are to follow.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes what we think we want isn't what we need. Cologne is a beautiful city, but it is not the only place to study. It is the curse of the creative career, to be chasing something so elusive it can feel impossible. Just remember, even if you hear a thousand no's, all you need is one yes. I'm glad you are not giving up! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful for your kind and supportive words. You're absolutely right, not everything we want is the thing we really need. I'm sure this opportunity failed because there's something even better waiting for me. I just have to be patient, work hard, and the right "yes" will come along.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure there are many other possibilities waiting for you in the future. Who knows, they may occur even better! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ola, for your always kind and encouraging words! I'm sure the future is full of great opportunities. I'm already feeling much better and more hopeful by the day. Good things are yet to come!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting this! I needed to see these words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I think we've all been in that place at least once in our lives where these words are needed.

      Delete
  5. Eks nii ongi - kui miski on su jaoks loodud, siis see ka tuleb. Vahel on teekond selleni lihtsalt pikem, aga seda rohkem valmis sa siis selleks oled :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home