2014/06/24

Words for the week // No.6

Tweet: "You can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love." @JimCarrey via @hapanaal

I stumbled on this video of Jim Carrey giving a commencement speech, and his words really resonated with me. Especially the quote above. I'm going to be honest. Ever since I was rejected from Cologne, I've had moments of doubt. Moments, when it seems like I'm chasing a train I can't possibly catch. Moments that make me wonder why I even bother to try. Those words gave me the perspective I needed. You can fail at what you want, but also at what you don't even want. I'd rather choose the first. I hope you will, too.

xo Hanna


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're pursuing your dreams! I am, too, and it's pretty scary, I agree. So much doubt. But also exciting. :)

    Thanks for posting these quotes. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love quotes as well. They're just that little pick-me-up that we all need sometimes.

      Good luck with your dreams! I hope you'll get there soon :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home