2014/11/13

Behind the Scenes: Making of a handmade collection

For the last few weeks, I've been toying with the idea of a handmade, limited edition accessories collection. You can read my first report on it here. And the idea of creating a collection again, of designing and making, and filling my shop once again has really sparked me to work towards this goal.

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks. Crazy. Busy. Yet, I keep sneaking in hours to make these gorgeous fabric flower brooches, and fold-over clutches/sling bags with geometric design. I'm not always great with goals. Sometimes I make it till the end and sometimes I don't. But, I always love the creative challenge of pushing towards the finish line.
Did you know my small bedroom is also my little studio? Well, you might imagine what a mess it's been the whole time. Every inch of space is covered by fabric scraps, scissors, pearls, thread - you name a crafting supply, and you could probably find it on my floor.
These are the bead necklaces I've created for this collection. I made only 4. After I posted this DIY, I was so inspired to create more similar pieces. And then, just the right beads just stared at me in the craft store. What was I supposed to do?
Oh, and the flower brooches (which double as a hair accessory). You know, these are all unique. I made only one of each, and I love them all. These would make a great gift for Christmas. I know my Mom would love one. I can't wait to make someones day a little happier with one of these.

And now I have no other excuses to postpone packing. Packing is no fun, let me tell you. It's almost like cleaning - everything is neatly put together, but you can't for the life of you find what you need. And, to think I have to leave at least half of my fabrics here in Estonia. Sniff. My family will most likely have to drag me away from my beloved fabrics kicking and screaming - it's not going to be a pretty picture. Oh well...

I hope you enjoyed this little update!
xo. Hanna

2 comments:

  1. packing is no fun! but unpacking can be like Christmas, especially if things have been packed up for a while....you forget things you had.

    Pretty brooches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I know I've had to surprise moments before with things I've but away and the found again. This time I'm putting away a lot of things, so there will be loads of re-discoveries in the future.

      By the way, Melissa, how's your health?

      xo. Hanna

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home