2014/05/30

20 DIYs for your summer wardrobe

Although it looks more like October than May outside right now, we've also already had some real warm sunshiny days. It's safe to say, summer is here! Which also means, it's high time to take a weekend and update your summer wardrobe. I haven't had much time to prepare mine with the finals and all, but as soon as I get back from my trip to Germany, I'm going to get on it. So, I wanted to share 20 of my best summer wardrobe DIYs with you today.

This is my very favorite maxi skirt ever. Like, seriously, I probably wear it 3 out of 4 days during the summer. And it's made from an old dress a friend gave to me. Thank you, Merly!
My first Shibori attempt was a huge hit. Shibori just says summer and music festivals to me, so it's the perfet technique to update a couple of plain t-shirts. Here's another method to try.
If Shibori is not your thing, fabric dye could still be a great tool for wardrobe updates. I love how it transformed this simple white summer dress. I don't think we're through with the ombre effect just yet.
Just like skirts and dresses, t-shirts are a must for the summer. They're comfy and easy to dress in. But, they can also be a bit boring. A simple lace heart update goes a long way.
Speaking of t-shirts. This refashion is one of my all time favorites. Finding refashionable clothing is my favorite way to prepare my wardrobe for a new season.
I'm a fan of buttons, as you might know. Adding some pretty buttons to the collar of a jacket or the pockets of pants is a fun and easy way to add some color.
This cardigan refashion is one of the most popular refashions I've made. And, it's perfect for refashioning a cardigan to match your summer dresses.
A pretty button-down needs a waist? Well, this easy shirring tutorial might be the solution.
 Who new that sleeves can be turned into cute tops? Well, they can and here's how.
 If a jersey dress just looks too plain, try adding a zipper.
I just couldn't leave these sparkly sunnies out of the mix. I mean, what's a summer wardrobe without some awesome eyewear.
Summer and skirts go together like fire and marshmallows, so whip up a skirt or two with this easy gathered skirt tutorial.
And a skirt needs a tee to accompany it. Make this cute lace detail tee (I've worn mine to pieces already).
 Summer is the perfect excuse to turn a pair of old jeans into cute cut-offs.
Maxi dresses are the perfect throw-on outfit during summer. Just one item, and it always looks pretty. I recently updated this maxi dress tutorial.
I love how a simple fix can make a pair of shoes look as good as new. Perhaps you also have some shoes that could use a little spruce-up? Try swapping out the insoles.
Adding pretty fabric flowers to a simple tee is another quick and easy refashion. Only takes about 30 minutes.
Lace additions happen a lot in my studio. I love lace. I think it goes with pretty much everything. Lace tees, lace dresses, lace hems - I love them all. So, why not add a bit of lace to a pencil skirt for a little extra charm. 
If you're having trouble with strapless dresses not staying where they should be, try adding ribbon straps. Looks very cool, but is fairly simple to do. Not to mention the added comfort factor. 

I'm off to Cologne tomorrow for two weeks, so the blog is probably going to be quieter than usual. I'll still stop by every now and then for some outfit posts and a couple of updates. I'm also working on a personal post which may or may not include a video of me singing, so stay tuned for that.

Have fun updating your summer wardrobe and I'll see you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home