2014/12/10

A Workshop I did and some Shop news

Hey, guys! Today I thought I'd share some of the gorgeous creations my students made in a workshop I taught at the beginning of October. I would've shared sooner, but I had somehow misplaced the photos, and only found them again now.

The workshop was held in Tartu, the university town in Estonia, and the students were all part of a great Estonian organization called Naiskodukaitse. The organization gathers women, who want to participate in protecting our homeland. One of my friends is part of it, and she's the one who organized the event.
I, for one, had lots of fun teaching the ladies how to make their own unique upcycled flower brooch. Some even managed to make matching earrings. How rad is that? And, I hope everyone left with a sense of accomplishment and a good mood.

Update from my friend: The organization is called Women`s voluntary defence organization in English. And we were superglad that Hanna came to teach us. There are a lot of women who are doing different handicraft projects and this upcycling project Hanna taught was a nice addition to our skills. We are hoping to make some more upcycled brooches and earrings for a charity lottery in the summer. Thank you once again, Hanna, it was a fun night and you should deifinitely do some more teaching!
I was re-affirmed once again, that I truly love teaching. I had never considered teaching as a profession I'd love, but this year has proved me wrong.

I'd love to teach more similar workshops, so if you know a place in the Leverkusen or Cologne area that offers workshops, please let me know, so I can reach out. Or, if you and your girlfriends would love to get together and craft, just send me an e-mail (here's the contact), and we'll make it happen.

Oh, and one last bit of news. I'm now offering gift certificates in my Etsy shop. So, if you've been on the fence about getting a loved one something from the shop because you couldn't choose, you could give a gift card instead.

xo. Hanna


1 comment:

  1. The organization is called Women`s voluntary defence organization in English. And we were superglad that Hanna came to teach us. There are a lot of women who are doing different handicraft projects and this upcycling project Hanna taught was a nice addition to our skills. We are hoping to make some more upcycled brooches and earrings for a charity lottery in the summer. Thank you once again, Hanna, it was a fun night and you should deifinitely do some more teaching!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home