2014/12/31

14 Highlights of 2014

Yes, it's that time again! Time to look back at the year that ended and look forward to the year that's ahead. This year was the craziest year of my life to date. I can't even imagine what the next year will hold for us, but by now I'm ready for any twists and turns it may bring.

Today I wanted to take a step back and highlight 14 things/posts/memories from the year 2014. It's really difficult to choose because this year was very eventful, but then again, this makes the really golden moments stand out even more.
1. Our first trip to Cologne. I remember the excitement and the hope that I felt on that trip. I also remember how I finally felt that I was moving towards my goals and dreams. Little did I know what was waiting for me in the future. I didn't even blog about it, because I hadn't introduced you to Rein yet. Then, I finally did.

2. This was the year, when I was featured in Reloved magazine, and got a regular monthly feature in the Estonian fashion magazine Mood. Those were great milestones in my blogging, and I'm so proud of each and every feature I've had.
3. I started to sew more from scratch again, and I've been loving it. I just discovered Alexia on IG (just take a look), and after an hour (or more than I care to admit) of stalking I'm more motivated than ever to amp up my sewing next year. My favorite sewing projects include the coral pullover, my after midnight dress, and this pullover for Rein.
4. Amidst all the sewing I've done in the past few months, I've been missing refashioning. I'm sure I'll get back on that horse real soon. It's still one of my very favorite type of sewing. I loved this skirt into dress refashion, the zippered jacket for Mari Krõõt, and my very first men's refashion.

5. I started a new weekly feature called Words for the Week, and it stuck, which is not often the case with me. I love finding quotes that touch me somehow and share them with you so we can share that inspiration, motivation, or just that sense of having similar struggles. I've said this before, but blogging really is all about connection for me, so a weekly post where I can share what I'm feeling at the moment has been such a pleasure to write. I hope you've loved it, too.
6. I did quite a few style posts this year, but the highlight for me was to have Rein join me for some of them, I especially loved the one in Kadriorg. He's been so supportive of my blog (and every other idea or dream I have), and it's given me so much energy and inspiration.

7. Our second trip to Cologne for the entrance exams was definitely a whirlwind of emotions for me. Sadness because of my own fate, yet joy for Rein's success.

8. We graduated! I can now say without a doubt that going to that school was a journey that changed my life completely. It's where I really started to believe I could be a singer. It's where I met Rein. It's where my life got a restart. It was a hell of a ride, but one I'm glad I took.
9. Laulupidu aka the Song Celebration was certainly the biggest cultural highlight of my year. It was my first time in the audience instead of the stage, so a completely new, yet still elevating experience.
10. We got married! It's a wonderful feeling to be a family. Getting married and starting a family has always been a big dream of mine, and it was amazing to take the first steps toward that dream. The wedding was absolutely perfect - just what we had envisioned. You can find our engagement photos here, and all our wedding posts here.

11. And, of course, I can't leave out our little honeymoon in Pärnu. We're hoping to make a bigger trip this year, but this was more than enough for us after the wedding madness. And honestly, does it really matter where you are, as long as you can spend quality time together after becoming husband and wife? I think not.

12. I would say that moving to Germany was the biggest change this year, but that would be a little odd to say since we did get married as well. Although, truth be told, it was more of a challenge for sure. It's all still very fresh, and I'm trying to settle into the new surroundings. I have high hopes for me and Germany bonding in the new year though.
13. I made a lot of stuff and released a brand spanking new collection of accessories. It was something I'd thought about for a long time, and now I finally made it happen. I wouldn't call it a huge success, but I feeling rather positive about it. As a matter of fact, I already have a couple new clutch design swimming in my mind.

14. I wrote 158 blog posts this year (including this one), and one of my goals for the new year is to beat that. That's a lot of photos and words, and I'me really proud of myself that I continued even when things were crazy. I always come back to blogging, however hectic life gets. Because I love it. My favorite personal posts were this one, and this, and this of course.

What were some of your personal highlights of 2014?

Happy New Year's Eve! And I'll see you next year :)

xo. Hanna

4 comments:

  1. No oli ju super aasta! Alati on asju, mis muserdavad, aga veel rohkem on asju, mis õnnelikuks teevad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing, Hanna! Your blog is just too awesome :) All the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading for so long, and for all your comments and encouragement!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home