2014/12/09

Wardrobe Reinvention // 3 Ways to wear a jumpsuit

I feel it's been centuries since I did a Wardrobe Reinvention post, but it's good to be back, friends! Today, I'm sharing a special edition of wardrobe reinvention that I made with my former flatmate Mari Krõõt.

I've always loved playing dress-up, and I must say, I still do. I also love picking out outfits for others. Actually, I like shopping for others way more than for myself. So, I was thrilled when Mari Krõõt agreed to do a style post with me. 

For the starter piece, we chose a back jumpsuit she'd picked up on a recent thrift-spree. So, this is to prove all those curvy girls, who think they can't pull off a jumpsuit, wrong. You totally can, and you totally will!
First, we styled it in a sort of business-casual way. Something that could be worn to an office-job, or to a formal meeting of any sort, or just to run errands. I mean, you don't need an excuse to look marvelous, do you?
For the second look, we dressed the jumpsuit down for a fun everyday look. I could see Mari Krõõt wearing this everywhere really - to school, to work, to a Sunday brunch-date. Somehow, this looks is so her. I love how the DIY necklace gives this monochrome outfit a pop of color. This outfit would also look great with the necklace from my shop.
For the third look, we decided to just play up the jumpsuit in its full glory. I love the exposed back with the draping. And, black with gold is my favorite color combination at the moment (wait till you see my sewing nook here in Leverkusen, and you'll know what I'm talking about). You can find out how to make the necklace right here, and how to glitter your heels here.

I hope you liked this post as much as I loved playing dress-up with Mari Krõõt. I also hope I can do more wardrobe reinventions with guest models in the future, because I really had so much fun doing the styling for someone else. Any volunteers?

xo. Hanna

10 comments:

  1. Supertöö jällegi, Hanna, väsimatu nagu sa oled! Ja Krõõt, sa näed lihtsalt vapustav välja! Aahmazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aitäh, Ann! Patu ju nii fabuloosne, midagi kehvemat poleks läbi läinudki :)

      Delete
  2. I am not a curvy girl and I am sooo afraid of trying a jumpsuit...but you may have convinced me to go for it ;) At least to try one on! lol! Lovely styling, gorgeous model, and I have to say I think my favorite look is with the striped blazer just cause I want it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least trying it is always a great idea. And, I'm sure there's a jumpsuit out there that would look stunning on you.

      Delete
  3. Your model and your styling are terrific! I really like the big lapel blouse under the jumpsuit but my fav is the dressy sleeveless and open back combo - MK looks dynamite - ready for New Year's Eve! And the gold necklace rocks with it, too! Well done, Hanna. Thx 4 sharing! mrd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! I'll be sure to pass on the compliments :)

      Delete
  4. It's so nice to see the Wardrobe Reinvention series back! Mari looks so great in each picture. You sure had a blast taking these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did! I hope to do these post more often again.

      Delete
  5. Mul on ka hea meel, et garderoobi postitused on tagasi! Ja huvitav on näha, et selle triibulise jakiga näeb ta ka võõrale pilgule kõige "temalikum" välja. Ning kõik modellid on ikka ilusad, kui piltidel ja ilmselt ka päris elus sellisest rõõmust pakatavad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eks kõige omasem riietus anna ka kõiges suurema enesekindluse. Ja enesekindlus teeb teatavasti naise tõeliselt ilusaks :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home