2014/12/19

Last-minute handmade Christmas cards

I'm so late with all my Christmas preparations this year. Well, actually, when I think about it I'm always late with my Christmas preparations. This year, I decided last minute to send out some Christmas cards, plus I always love to add a handmade card to any gifts I give out, so I sat down yesterday evening, gathered all my card supplies (which I fortunately left here in Estonia), and got to work.
For the first set of cards, I used some Christmas-themed patterned paper I had, glued a piece of that to the blank card. Then, I sewed a piece of plastic over that paper, leaving the top open, and poured some star confetti into the pocket, then sewed the top shut. Last, just trimmed the edges of the plastic around the seams. I love this card, because it's like playing with a snowball - you can make a snowstorm or some shooting stars by tilting it.
For the second set of cards, I used some patterned paper as the background again, but this time I added a holiday wish using wire. First, I wrote the word on paper without lifting the pencil in the size I wanted the wire word to be, and then used that as a template to write the words with a crafting wire. It's actually way easier than I had thought. I think it's all about using a soft wire, which can be easily manipulated. I sewed them onto the card by hand, just a stitch in 4 places to secure it.
And, then I made some gift tags from the left-overs. I'm sort of obsessed with using every little scrap I have left, whether it's paper or fabric. I keep everything that I think can be used in a future project. It's a curse and a blessing - on the one hand, I always have something I can make last minute cards/gifts from, but on the other hand, I simply have too much stuff I'm not sure I'll ever use.

I hope you got some ideas for your own last minute card making. Now I'm off to make my room a livable place before hubby gets here.

xo. Hanna
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I really like the first two :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the first two as well :)

      Delete
  2. Mulle ka nii meeldib see esimeste kaartide idee. Peab järgmisel aastal järgi proovima. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma olen juba ammu tahtnud midagi taolist proovida ja tõesti on äge neid kaarte loksutada ja vaadata kuidas tähekesed liiguvad.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home