2014/12/11

DIY Gift Tags/Stickers (and free printable tags)

Today is a two times first for me. I'm going to share my first ever video tutorial and my first ever printable with you guys. Like I wrote in my handmade gifts post, it's really easy to create you own stickers at home, and today I'm going to show just how to do that. This tutorial also doubles as "how to make your own printable gift tags". So, it's a 2 in 1. 

I first came to this idea, when I was brainstorming packaging ideas for my shop. I really wanted to make a custom "Thank you!" sticker, but I didn't want to invest a lot of money into it. Also, I wanted to control the quantity myself, so I wouldn't have to order hundreds, or run out with a small batch. So, I came up with the solution of creating the stickers in Photoshop and printing them on self-adhesive office paper. I love the result!


This is the font I used in the tutorial. And, you can order the self-adhesive paper (which I referred to as sticker paper) right here: in Europe, in USA. It's also available as self-adhesive photo paper (in Europe, in USA), if you'd like to make photo stickers at home.  
Also, you can download the gift tags I created in the tutorial as a little gift FROM: Me TO: You (see what I did there). I made an English version (download) and an Estonian version (download). Just click on the link to download. Since I don't have a home printer here in Leverkusen, I could't try these out myself, so let me know if there are any problems with printing them.

I hope you like the printable, and the tutorial! I'm definitely going to be sticking some tags on the gifts I wrap this year.

xo. Hanna

2 comments:

  1. Very cute :-) I especially like the thank you stickers - did you cut them out with scisors or is there a more consistent way to do it? Like you can get those circle cut out paper punches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I actually cut those out with scissors, although the circle punch would be so much easier and more precise. But, I lack the budget for that tool at the moment. It's certainly on my wish list, though :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home