2014/12/15

Around Nordrhein-Westfalen // Wuppertal's Weihnachtsmarkt

Wuppertal is the second city we visited in our attempt to get to all corners of our home region Nordrhein-Westfalen. You can read about our trip to Bonn here.

Thus far, our trips have been short day trips. It's December already, and although the weather is significantly warmer than in Estonia, it's still a little bit too chilly to walk around town for more than 3 hours. Unless there's Glühwein of course. Which we had, of course.
We've been to three Christmas markets in the are - in Leverkusen, in Cologne (the one at the Dom) and Wuppertal, and I have to say I like the smaller ones more. The one in Cologne was so crowded, we were in an out in 30 minutes, and we didn't enjoy it. A friend of ours told us that there a better one in Cologne, but I guess we'll get to it next year. I hope visiting  a Weihnachtsmarkt becomes a family tradition.
We didn't get around to wondering around the streets of Wuppertal, but we did take a ride on the suspension monorail (Schwebebahn). That was so cool!
I hope we get to visit again in the spring-time. I'd love to see more of this city with a rad-sounding name (Woop-woop-woop-woopertaal).

Cheers to mondays, my friends!

xo. Hanna

P.S! My shop will be on holiday vacation mode starting tomorrow, until the 8th of January. Since we're flying back to Estonia for the holidays, I won't be able to send out orders.

6 comments:

  1. Ma just eile sorteerisin oma vanu reisiteemalisi postitusi ning sinu tänane lisas veel vürtsi juurde sellele seikluspisikule minus, kes tahaks koguaeg avastada uusi kohti. Mõnus paistab teil seal kõik! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mulle tundub ka, et siin on päris mõnus :) Igatahes loodan, et meil jätkub ka piisavalt avamistamistuhinat, et siin ringi seigelda.

      Delete
  2. That monorail looks terrifying! Ah I am not good w heights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know what I would've felt when I was terrified of heights, but I felt really safe actually. The thought that you are hooked from above rather than riding on a rail that's below is kind of puzzling at first, but it was a fun experience!

      Delete
  3. My husband and I loved the Cologne markets last year. We took a day trip from Belgium and hit most of them, as well as almost every gluhwein stand we could. We went back a week ago and didn't enjoy it as much; it was so crowded we could barely move and couldn't see much. I guess going later in the season, as we did last year makes the difference. I have heard really good things about the Trier Christmas market, so one day I will have to make it out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made the mistake of going on a sunny Sunday. We also hope to have better luck next year.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home