2014/10/15

10 Pretty DIY Lace Projects

It' no secret that lace is my material of choice. If I could, I'd add a lace detail to everything. Every time I'm telling Mari Krõõt about a new project, her first question is "Are you going to add lace to it?". And, yes, I'd that predictable. But, I do make an effort to include other materials as well.
Today, I thought I'd list some of my favorite lace projects.

The lace heart tee is one of the most popular projects of all time on Pearls & Scissors, and I'm still using it to date, so it's safe to say it's one of my personal favorites as well.
I've added lace to more than one skirt (like here and here), so this is still my go to method for embellishing a simple pencil skirt.
Sometimes, lace can give an old item a whole new life. This vintage curdoroy vest got a totally new image.
I wore this tee to shreds! For the longest time, it was my very favorite piece of clothing, and all it took to transform a simple t-shirt was a piece of lace fabric.
Lace is also very useful when you want to add length to a garment that's just a tad too short. It's how I fixed this blouse and my summer skirt as well.
The big sister of the lace heart tee is also one of my wardrobe staples. Can't wash it fast enough during the winter months.
One of the simplest lace projects I've ever done, but such a big impact. When in doubt, just add a lace collar.
This romantic lace tee is more of a commitment and needs some sewing skills, but it's so pretty it's worth the time and input.
Then again, if you're not big on refashions or sewing your own clothing, lace can still come in handy. Like when making custom shoelaces...
... or transforming a Pringles package into a pencil holder.

Hope this inspired you to bust out some lace and get creative.

xo. Hanna
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. oh...my...gosh! that back-heart T-shirt is Da Bomb! I am in awe of your crafty prowress. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my, thank you! I truly love that t-shirt, too :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home