2014/10/27

Words for the Week // No.17


I was browsing through Pinterest the other day when I came across the good old "you are exactly where you're supposed to be" quote and something inside me snapped. I just thought to myself: "What a load of crap". Of course, this is not to say that the saying has no meaning, or that believeing that you are here for a reason is wrong. But, at that moment it reminded me of my own struggles. The struggle to take responsibility for my own life, and make hard choices. And, that it really doesn't matter whether I believe I'm supposed to be here or not. The fact is, I am here.

The real question is, what am I going to do about it? How am I going to deal with the here and now. And that's what I'm having a hard time finding answers to. Or rather, I have a fear of answering them, because, what if I get it wrong? What if I make the wrong turn?

Yes, I know, what if I make it right. What if what's waiting is all bliss and happiness. I know that's a possibility. I've said it a hundred times to myself. And yet, there's this fear. It's not constant, but it's there.

And then I realize I've been forgetting about my favorite quote - "If your dreams don't scare you, they're just not big enough." And it hits me. I'm supposed to be scared. It's ok to be paralyzed with fear, because those dreams I'm working towards are so big, and so important to me.

Now, all I have to do is start believing. In me. My abilities. And my dreams.

xo. Hanna

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. "If your dreams don't scare you, they're just not big enough." That is so very true! It reminded me of how scared I was when I boarded a flight that would take me 1,000 miles away from home for the first time, to go to military basic training. I was scared to death, I'd heard the horror stories of drill-sargents, I'd seen the movies, and me a cream-puff. But it worked out. And its the reason I have the job I have now and have had for nearly 30 years. It all worked out. Boot Camp was indeed scary, but I did it! Dreams to me are like hope. We should never loose either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Melissa! My dreams have always given hope to me. Hope for a bigger and better future. I think what I'm finding difficult at the moment is the fact that I've reached the point in my life I used to dream about when I was 18. Where will I be in 10 years, you know. Well, I'm here now after that 10 years (almost), but is it the future I hoped for. Yes and no. I some ways it is, in some ways it's even better, but in some ways it's not. There are a lot of things I want and need to accomplish in the next couple of years, and that freaks me out sometimes. But, like I said, it's ok to be scared. As long as the fear doesn't paralyze me.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and by the way, you rock!

      Delete
  2. I love these quotes posts of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I love quotes, too! And I love how it evokes thought and dialog.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home