2014/10/07

Sewn // A skirt and t-shirt for Mari Krõõt

Sometimes I do a little selfless sewing. Yes, I know, big shocker, but I do. I'm a good friend/wife/daughter like that. But, I have to admit, that it's way more difficult than sewing for myself. I know my body so well after years and years of sewing, but other people have a different body and I don't always know how to establish the best fit on them. Which is why these types of projects are such a learning curve for me.
Which brings me to this two projects. A really simple pleated skirt (you can find the tutorial on OEH here) and a pretty t-shirt from a Burda pattern. 
I knew that Burda patterns can be on the big side with too much ease, but I wasn't expecting the need to take in more than 10cm from the bust and waist, even though the measurements fit the chosen size perfectly.
All is well that ends well right? Well, after some trial and error we got the fit right and I think this look is so pretty on Mari Krõõt. A fitted top with a gathered skirt is the perfect look for curvy girls, I think. It highlights the waist and creates a beautiful hourglass shape.
Oh, and the whirl! That's the main thing. What do you think? I'm totally diggin' this look.

And, don't forget to enter the awesome halloween giveaway!

xo. Hanna
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Veo las prendas muy bonitas, y lucen en la modelo.
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is ready for the changing season in that cute combo! Love the skirt length and wide waist. It's very hip with the obvious zipper, too. Just perfect for fall fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this look on her, as well! And, I'm a sucker for a visible zipper. I think they're just so cool :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home