2014/10/05

The end of an era

I've been feeling sad for the last couple of days. Our family dog passed away on Thursday. She was 15 years old. It feels like the end of an era.

I distinctly remember the day I brought her home. My brother (who just turned 23) was celebrating his 8th birthday on that day. I was just hanging out with some friends when a car pulled up and two men offered us two puppies. Of course all the kids wanted the pups, and some of them ran home to ask their parents. So, the men left the puppies with us, never to return again. One of the puppies found a home quickly, but the other one did not. A couple of hours passed and none of the families were ready to take on a dog. Having adopted a stray kitty a couple of years ago, I thought that maybe my parents would let us keep the dog. So, my best friend's Mom drove us to my house with the pup in my arms, and I went inside with a trembling heart.
I placed the puppy in the arms of my Dad and the rest is history. She was welcomed to our home and we all loved her dearly.

I'm so sad she's gone, but then again, I also know that she had a good life. She was happy, and loved, and that's what matters. I know not all of us are dog-people, or cat-people, but I can sincerely say that Dora the dog brought so much joy into my life.

Rest in peace, our little furry friend. You were loved.

Thanks for letting me share, friends!

xo. Hanna
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. so sad for you, Hanna. She was beautiful and she loved you,only this matters. Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina, for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. What a beauty. Glad she had a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my dog died a few years ago I was devastated, he was a good dog and had helped me get through some tough times at school. My sympathies and condolences to you and your family *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss. I feel with you. My dog died when I was 14. He was my best friend and I still miss him and think of him. But also he has had a great life full of love and as you say: that's the only thing that matters. There are so many dogs in the shelters and streets out there that will never know how it is to be loved. Your dog was one of the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys for the kind thoughts your sending our way! They are truly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home