2015/02/12

Wardrobe Reinvention // 3 Ways to wear a bow tie belt

3 ways to wear a bow belt (by Pearls & Scissors)
Yes, I did a Wardrobe Reinvention around a belt. I know it seems a bit strange, but after Laura said in the comments of this post, that she loved the bow tie belts, but couldn't think of what to wear it with, I immediately wanted to create this post, because I love those belts, and they are a great accessory. So that's the answer to the why. Also, I wanted to show you how accessories really do matter, and can add so much to an outfit.
3 ways to wear a bow belt (by Pearls & Scissors)
Wearing // Tee - refashioned / Skirt - DIY / Belt - Pearls & Scissors
Shoes - thrifted / Earrings - gift from hubby
I love that this is mostly a me-made outfit (I've gotta learn how to make shoes...), and it's also very lady-like. I think wearing the belt over a skirt or dress is also probably the first idea that comes to mind. So, nothing earth chattering there, but it doesn't have to be only fancy dresses like in the promo photos.

This is something I used to wear to school. Now I'd wear it to a date with hubby, to a concert, or a trip to the city when I feel like dressing up a bit. It's just in between a fancy and a casual outfit, which I really. Feeling put together without being over-dressed.
 Wearing // Jacket - Reserved / Bloused - H&M (old) / Skirt - refashioned / Belt - Pearls & Scissors

Another way to wear the belt is over a jacket. Since the belt is made of fabric, it's soft and therefor doesn't wrinkle the jacket as much as a stiff belt would. And, it really adds a special touch to the outfit, I think. Using a belt on a jacket changes the look of it just slightly, so it becomes a more versatile piece. If you're not a formal jacket kind of woman, this is something to try out. I think it softens the look and feel of the outfit. More feminine, for sure.
 Wearing // Blouse - hand-me-down / Jeans - gift from Mom / 
Shoes - thrifted / Belt - Pearls & Scissors
Last, but not least, the classic belted jean. Sure, the belts are not that useful when the purpose of them is to give support, but they are very useful, when the main purpose is to give a bit of excitement. For me, the belt elevates this outfit from a casual button-down with jeans, to something a little bit more fun. Rein said I look like a little hipster in these outfit. Hipster or not, I really like it.

I had a lot of fun styling these outfits despite my very limited wardrobe choices. I hope you got some inspiration and ideas to try out!

xo. Hanna

9 comments:

  1. Aitäh valiku eest! Mu lemmik on jakiga variant, samas kõige minulikum vast seelikuga (sest pükstega näeb mind lihtsalt väga harva). Nüüd ma peaks leidma sobiliku lipsu ja sult tellima valmistamise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tänases postituses saab olema ka üks suuremat sorti sooduskood mu Etsy poodi, nii et ehk leiad praegusest valikust midagi ;).

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! Each look is so different and the belt adds something different to each one! Love your styling of these looks and I can totally see the need for one of these belts in my life ;) Such an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! I'm going to offer a special Valentine's discount on the blog later today. It might help you fill that need :).

      Delete
  3. Wardrobe Reinvention is back! Hooray :D

    I love your ideas but look at your hair! It's glowing! It looks super healthy and strong - I'm sooo envious ;)

    Sadly to admit, I don't like bows that much... Sure, they're girly stuff and I like girly stuff but I'm more into flowers, I think. And LACE! I definitely share your love for all things lacy :D I want to make the bracelet you've shared the tutorial for the other day, but I don't have the necessary supplies at the moment :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your excitement about this series being back. I already have another one planned and ready to shoot. Learning to make the most of my small wardrobe is so fun.

      As for the hair, I owe it all to henna, really. Going for a natural hair-dye is definitely the best hair-decision I've ever made.

      I'm thinking about putting together a few DIY kits to go along with my tutorials. Would that be something you'd be interested in?

      Delete
    2. I'll have this in mind if I decide to dye my hair eventually :)

      Hm, sounds interesting (I've seen bloggers selling similar kits along with their sewing patterns), but I think I'll be able to get all the necessary items in the haberdashery nearby, without having to pay for the shipping

      Delete
  4. These belts are PURE genius! I am in love with them all - and especially appreciate the contrasting strips and patterns of the bow ties on the select outfits you've showcased. Germany must have unleashed some serious creative juices!! I'd still be having transition issues!! Thanks for sharing - be well, keep warm.

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! Germany is to blame for all the free time I have on my hands (being unemployed provides that), so I can finally start doing all those projects I've scribbled in my notebook.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home