2015/02/09

Creative10 No.2 // Customized Watercolor Wall Art (for sale!)

Creative10 is a 10-week long personal challenge to enhance my creativity through a different medium. I chose painting because it's something I haven't tried before and it challenges me to open up creatively, and find new ways to express myself. It's also a form of creative therapy to help me get more in contact with my emotions and thoughts. 

As I wrote yesterday, last week was such a good one for me both creatively and personally, so I was really in the mood for pretty colors and creating something that would express this happiness, gratitude and love I was feeling. As you probably noticed, today's art has no quote. Well, I thought about it, and decided that I will paint/create whatever I feel like in that moment, and not a preplanned project. Otherwise, it beats the purpose of this challenge.
This weeks art was inspired by something I've thought a lot about lately. Ant that is how grateful I am for my marriage. My husband is truly one of the best people I know, and I know I can always count on him. He listens, he supports, he hugs me when I need it, and pushes me when I won't do it myself. I really wanted to make this project about us. And, after making the Valentine's round-up and seeing all the pretty Valentine's themed project around the web, this image got stuck in my mind.

It came out even better than I anticipated. I mean, I'm no artist, and I can't really rely on my artistic talents to turn a vision into reality. But, I truly love this project. Somehow, it's very me. I'm especially happy about it, since it's the first project I've even painted in my life that I can't wait to hang on our wall.
Since I loved this art project so much, I thought that maybe you would, too. So, I made 10 blank ones for sale. These are all original watercolor paintings, so they vary slightly - some of them have more blurred color and others have more distinct splatter. They're painted on watercolor paper measuring 21x30cm (standard A4). I will add custom initials to each painting, and sign and number them.

The pricing for these was really hard for me since I'm not an artist and I've never sold art before, so I came up with this solution. The price is 6€/7$ +shipping (1.45€ within Germany, 3.45€ internationally). They will be sent out in carton mailers to prevent pending.

To order, please send me an e-mail to hanna@pearlsandscissors.com with the initials you'd like painted inside the heart and your Paypal e-mail address. I will send you a Paypal invoice with the shipping added shortly. If you don't have a Paypal account, we can make other arrangements.

There are only 10 of these for sale, so I'll post an update here once they're gone.

Update: Only a few left!

Thanks for reading!
xo. Hanna

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hanna, these are gorgeous - any chance of getting them in blue? :-P Would love one for me and my fiance :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Just drop me an e-mail and we can talk :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home