2015/02/28

Read & Relax

Hi, guys! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend so far. Here are some interesting reads I've found in the interwebs lately to keep you entertained:

The topics around Etsy are getting more and more heated these days. Here's an article about how handmade is getting a whole new meaning on Etsy due to the emergence of shops selling cheap imported goods as their own making, and earning quite the penny in the process. It does stir all kinds of feelings in me, but I'll refrain from a full on debate at this point. But I will say that continuing on Etsy is something I'm deeply doubting at the moment.

I loved reading this article about the 10 benefits of doing yarn crafts. It's like I say - creativity truly is the best therapy -  and I have science on my side.

I linked to it on Monday as well, but Oliver Sacks' article deserves another share. 

Apparently there's a huge dress debate going on I knew nothing about. And, let's not discuss the colors, but it does raise questions on my favorite topic - the human brain. By the way, if you want to read more amazing stories of the human brain, and what happens when something goes wrong with it, you should read Oliver Sacks' books. I've read The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat and Musicophilia. Both were fascinating. Like the tale of a man that got hit by lightning and turned into a musical genius because of it. Or people who can't turn off the music that's constantly playing in  their head. Or, a man who can't distinguish between a hat and his wife. I could talk for hours about the mystery that is our brain, but I'll leave it at the book suggestions for today.

Going through Mayi's 5 Day Life is Messy Challenge, and it's getting me all kinds of inspired.

And, last but not least, here's the trailer for the most epic Estonian war movie ever made called 1944 (the trailer has English subs). It premiered last week, and is already breaking all kinds of records. I'm so sad I won't be able to see it for a while, since it obviously doesn't run in German cinemas, at least not yet.

That's it from me today! I'll catch you again on Monday.

xo, Hanna

4 comments:

  1. Have you considered writing similar posts regularly, Hanna? I really enjoy those :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoy these :) Yes, I'm going to do them from time to time, although maybe not every weekend, cause usually I don't run into that much good content all in one week. I'm not that big of an internet surfer, to be honest.

      Delete
  2. I really love those Posts as well! : )

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home