2015/02/04

Sewn // Dots and Stripes Bedding

Dots and stripes bedding from Pearl & Scissors
If you could see the grin on my face every time I walk into our bedroom and see this bedding. I seriously think this might be one of my favorite sewing projects ever. Like for realz! It's even better than I imagined in my mind. And that's saying something (cause things always look amazing in my head, and rarely do so in real life).

Some of you might have seen a little peak at this project in my Instagram feed a few days ago. It's one of the ideas I specifically brought fabric for when I moved here. I wasn't even sure I'd have enough, but I was so set on sewing us a black and white modern bedding set I was determined to make it work.
Dots and stripes bedding from Pearl & Scissors
These fabrics are both vintage and I love them. These have waited for just the right idea, as it usually is with me. The more I love a fabric, the longer it usually sits on the shelf, because I'm just so worried about using it on the wrong project, and later regretting it. I was thinking of making clutches or skirt from the dotted one, but I'm so glad I decided not to.

There was just enough fabric to make the upper side of the blanket cover, and the pillow covers. I used white cotton for the bottom side of the blanket cover. As you can see, I had to assemble the dotted part from 3 fabric pieces because I didn't have enough yardage. And the third pillowcase for Rein's second pillow is made of all the scraps I had left. The very last little square of dotted fabric became a small table-runner for our kitchen table. And then, there was not a scrap of fabric left.
Dots and stripes bedding from Pearl & Scissors
I'm so excited about our new bedding. Although our bedroom decor consists of a mattress on the floor and a closet, it's still shaping up in the direction I envision. As soon as we have some money to spend, I'm going to do a couple of painting projects in that room. The bed is probably one of the last things on my list. Although, if anyone in the Leverkusen area has a 140x200 bed they're not using and would part with for a little cash, be sure to contact me :).

I'm slowly getting back into a creative groove, and I'm loving it!

Sewing anything right now?

xo. Hanna

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Love it! you can never go wrong with spots and dots as far as I'm concerned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wie wunderschön! Ich habe mich sofort verliebt, vor allem in die Idee, Bettwäsche selber zu nähen. Mir geht es wie dir, ich habe noch einige größere Vintage-Stoffe herumliegen, aber weiß nicht so recht bzw traue mich nicht, etwas daraus zu nähen. Danke für diese tolle Inspiration <3
    LG, Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich hoffe du findest die perfekte Idee für deine Vintage-Stoffe! :)

      Delete
  3. Tahan ka, nii ilus ju! Poest leiab ikka harva midagi, mis tõeliselt meeldib, seega su projekt andis küll tõuke kähku ise midagi meisterdama hakata :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilmselt mõnest kallist salongist leiaks ehk, aga ise tehtud on ikka poole armsam.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home