2015/04/14

DIY a pair of sparkling sequin stud earrings

Sometimes, ideas come to me out of the blue. Well, not exactly out of the blue, but unexpectedly, while I'm creating something else. So, when I was making these sequin and pearl earrings, I was thinking about what a great texture a pile of sequins create, and boom, the idea for these earrings was born. Because, wouldn't it be cool if you could incorporate that texture into a piece of jewelry? Of course it would!
You will need:
1) Felt
2) Scissors
3) Sequins (c/o Pandahall)
4) Super glue (like E6000)
5) Earrings studs
1. Cut out 2 pieces of 2x2cm felt.
2. Cover one piece with glue and start glueing the sequins to the felt. I started by placing the corner-sequins first, and the filling the outer frame and moving inward from there. 
3. With E6000 you can adjust the positioning of the sequins when the glue is still wet.
4. This is how one of my earrings looked after the first layer of sequins. Now would be a good time to let that one dry and do the other.
5. Add another layer of sequins on top of the first layer. Make sure to place the sequins in between the lower layer ones, not directly on top of. This will create a cool texture.
6. Once the glue on the sequins has dried completely, glue the studs to the backside of the felt. Let dry and start sparkling!

I'm totally diggin' these studs! Now, all I need is a party to go to, so I can sparkle around in these. Of course, you're welcome to wear them every day of the week if your shiny like that.

Cheers to unexpected ideas!

xo. Hanna

P.S! If you want to get even more DIY ideas, news, and behind the scenes peaks into new products, join the mailing list by clicking the button below!

6 comments:

  1. Sequins have been on my mind lately, too - I'm thinking about embroidering a skirt and adding some of them as I go ;) The colours you've chosen compliment your hair colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ola! The idea of embroidering with sequins sounds super pretty! I bet it will turn out beautiful :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! And the colours are perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? Thanks :) Actually, I think this is the first ever orange anything in my wardrobe.

      Delete
    2. Yes! I think earthy colours are perfect for red hair and a rather palce complexion (like me and you). : )

      Delete
    3. I never thought of myself as having a pale complexion. I'm not a natural red-head, so I've never had trouble with sun-burn or getting tanned. But, I guess these Northern winters to create a rather pale complexion on me :P.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home