2015/01/06

Couch makeover // Before+After

Behold, our new couch! Well, technically it's a single bed turned into a sofa, but who cares about these tiny insignificant details, right? The original was handed down to us by an incredibly kind lady who also gave us kitchenware and 2 cupboards. We are so grateful that someone helped us out like that. Otherwise, we'd still be sitting on the floor.
For some reason, I don't like the color red when it come to decor. It's just too loud for my taste. Which is why I decided to change up all the covers. Aside from the two grey Ikea pillows, all of the fabric I used was vintage from my stash. Funny thing is, there was just enough fabric to make the cover and pillow cases, all that's left are small scraps. I've had these fabrics in my stash for so long, and I loved them, but until now, I just couldn't figure out the project to use them. Well, I guess they were waiting to meet this bed.
We bought all of the filler pillows from Ikea. I had to make the big ones a little bit smaller to fit the bed frame (they only had 80x80cm pillows, but I needed 70x70). I'm contemplating adding some more colorful throw pillows into the mix once I get tired of this all neutral thing I'm so into at the moment. I'm sure it will happen once spring gets here. I always crave colors during spring.
I love our "new" couch. It makes our living room so much cozier and homier. I'll show you my sewing table next, but I have so many other plans for this space. Eventually, I'd love to have a gallery wall above the couch, and I'd love to make some sort of ottomans to put our feet up on. There's still a lot of furniture missing, but it's feeling more like home by the day.

If you have any questions about this project, let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading!
xo. Hanna

7 comments:

  1. I don't like white couches, I'm always afraid of eating chocolate on them! So my couches are black, always ;) but it looks pretty nice and the fabrics look well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White is riskier for sure, but I've had a light beige couch for the last 3 years, and saw that it wasn't that bad really :)

      Delete
  2. What a clever idea it is to use a bed as a couch! Brilliant :) Now you can have over night guests :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! In such a small apartment, every room has to do double or even triple duty. The living room is also the guest room and my sewing room :).

      Delete
  3. Wow! Pretty cool couch! It´s like my dream couch I would like to have in my flat when I´m older! :) And I have to say, that I really do like red colour on...almost everything, so I wouldn´t mind, but your version is really beautiful too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this look is not hard to copy as I've seen these kinds of beds on sale online, so you can totally make it happen once you've got your own place someday.

      Delete
  4. Mul on ka selle punase värviga mingi error. Detailidena veel, aga liiga palju ei istu ikka üldse. Et mu jutu mõte oli siis see, et uus lahendus on nii palju ilusam! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home