2015/01/12

Words for the Week // No.23

To keep my one little word for the year in my mind, I decided that January's words for the week will be about courage. 

It seems that this year has had a pretty hectic start, but also a pretty refreshing one for me. We started on a few of our New Years goals (like cooking something new every week) and me finding an awesome job. Speaking of which, I'm going to send out an application tomorrow that I'm actually really excited about. Coming here, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a job I'd enjoy with my limited language skills and my Estonian background. Granted, I speak a pretty decent German, but still, being sort of an outsider is no advantage when it comes to most jobs.

Jumping head first into the German job market has a huge learning curve. They do a lot of things differently than in Estonia, and honestly, I've never really had too much experience with official applications. My previous jobs have all sort of lined up for me naturally as opportunities arose. I'll write a more in depth post about this whole experience once I land a job. So far, it's been two "NO"s, which I'm actually not that bummed about. Just feeling the waters, you know.

Would you be so kind and wish me luck, cause I'm so hoping for a "YES" on this next application.

Have an awesome week, guys!

xo. Hanna

4 comments:

  1. All the very best Hannah! I'm sure you'll get just the perfect opportunity :)
    I wanted to say happy new year & thank you for your inspiring words. Your blog is among my favourites and you truly help with your great posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a job is hard and it must be even worse in another country. I wish you luck! :) It would be great if you share your experience here on the blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult, but I'm sure I'll land somewhere eventually.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home