2015/01/07

My Style: Winter Wonderland

It's winter in Estonia alright! We've had so many beautiful snowy days during the last couple of weeks, which makes me all giddy, because I know I won't get anything like that back in Leverkusen. So, I'm enjoying every moment. Even the walk I took today in -15C weather. It's all good! These snowy and cold days are art of the charm of the Estonian winter. It's hard, but oh so beautiful (remember this post?).
We took these one day before New Year's Eve for the Mood magazine. The muff I'm wearing will be the February DIY project, so you get a little sneak peek before the magazine hits the stores in the end of January.
It was the perfect excuse to get all dolled up and take some fun photos in this perfect winter wonderland. It was even kind of stormy that day, so all the snow that had gathered on the branches of the trees was flying around, creating a blizzard. I'm definitely more of a summer person, but I've alway loved these snowy winter days. Especially in the countryside, while sipping hot tea next to the wood cook stove. This year that spot was mostly occupied by our new cat, but I did manage to slide myself next to her a few times.
Wearing: Coat - from my high school days // Shawl - DIY // Muff - DIY (tutorial in Mood 2/15) // Jeans - gift from Mom // Boots - Tamaris // Headband - DIY
The one thing I love about blogging is that it motivates me to take these kinds of photos. Photos of me in the blizzard. Photos I would otherwise never have.

On another note, I'll give a special prize for anyone who can think of a creative name for my style posts. I hate calling them just "My Style". That's boring! So, all you word-wizards out there, give me your sugar.

xo. Hanna

8 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful here! Like an ice princess or something ;)

    This question may sound a little bit weird, but what do you do to keep your feet warm while walking when it's -15 outside? I love long walks, but in spite of having good quality boots (OMG, they were sooo expensive) and wearing an additional pair of socks my feet always freeze. Even if I'm warm in every other place of my body, my feet are still cold :( Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, thank you! Would love to be an ice princess... or a princess of any sort really :).
      As to your question, it's a tough one, because, of course, spending a lot of time out in -15C is going to probably result in cold feet. What I've found is, that yes, good boots are key. I prefer the ones that have sheep wool on the inside, which makes them extra warm. I also use 2 pairs of socks, one regular pair plus wool knit socks. But the one thing I've notices is, that when buying boots that you know you'll wear with 2 pairs of socks during winter, you'll need to go a size up. There has to be enough room for the feet even with the extra socks, since when it's too tight, there won't be enough air between the layers to keep the warmth/heat in. Air is a poor conductor of heat, so having enough air in the boots will help keep the warmth created in your body from flowing out. Does that make sense?

      Delete
    2. You may be totally right with the whole air thing. I mean, I decided to opt for extra space in my boots instead of an extra pair of socks for the last couple of days and it does the trick (at least for now, when the temperatures have risen to about zero). Boots with sheep wool would be great, though I think it'll be difficult to track any in Poland. I'll have a look, though. Thanks! :)

      Delete
    3. Good thick shoes soles are also a must :). Hope you'll keep warm!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos!
    But I really hope it's fake fur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sa ole tõepoolest nagu mõnest muinasjutust neil piltidel! Ma pean tunnistama, et ma ei ole ajakirja Mood ostja, aga alates sellest, kui sa sinna kaastööd teed, sirvin sinu koha poejärjekorras välja ja loen läbi :) Äge oled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aitäh ja kniks! Ma ise teen umbes samamoodi. Pole üldiselt ajakirjade ostja, need kipuvad ikka kuskile seisma jääma. Aga vahel ikka lähen ja sirvi ja vaatan tuttavad pildid üle :).

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home