2015/03/24

DIY Sequins and pearls hoop earrings

I've been getting back into jewelry making lately. It's funny how my craft-craving always come in waves. There are periods where I only want to sew for hours on end, and then there are times when I can't make enough earrings, followed by a knitting frenzy. That's just how I roll. I guess it's jewelry making time again. 

I wanted to try and make something with flexible wire, and came up with these fun sequin and pearl earrings. I made them in a bunch of colors. I love when I get into a zone while crafting and just play around with stuff. That's fun!
What you will need:
  • Flexible jewelry wire
  • Earring hooks in silver
  • 2mm round crimp beads
  • Flat-nosed pliers
  • Colorful sequins (c/o Pandahall)
  • 4mm colorful beads (c/o Pandahall)
  • Wire cutters or scissors

 1. Cut a 12cm long piece of flexible wire. Add sequins and pearls (11 sequins and 10 beads per earring) to the wire.
2. String the wire through one crimp bead, so that one tail of the wire is very short and the other is about 1.5cm long. 
3. Press the crimp bead together with the flat-nosed pliers. 
4. Add another crimp bead to the longer tail of the wire. Then, string the wire tail through the earring hook and back through the crimp bead. 
5. Again, press the crimp bead together withe the pliers. Cut wire tails.
6. A more advanced way of making this would be to use only one crimp bead to tie the wire loop. In this case, you would skip steps 3 and 4. 
Make one more and you have yourself a lovely pair of earrings.
 
This technique has so much potential. I can already imagine making these with bigger pearls and wooden pearls, and all sorts of combinations. I'm thinking I could make a few more variations and do an inspiration post. Would you be interested in that? 

I hope this tutorial was helpful also to those not that familiar with jewelry making. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask in the comments.

xo. Hanna

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! And pretty easy to make as well :)

      Delete
  2. Ah these are seriously too cute! And they look so easy to make! Great tutorial! xx

    <(') hoda | joojoo azad

    ReplyDelete
  3. These earrings are adorable! Who knew sequence could be used this way!

    Kate @ Blitsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate!

      I'll be posting another sequin project next week, so check back for a new out of the box sequin earring idea.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home