2015/03/04

Ideas for DIY wrist watches

I don't know about you, but whenever I make something, I get a flood of ideas for new versions of the same idea. Are you like that as well? (No, just me?) So, I thought it would be fun to share the predecessors to the DIY watch I shared yesterday. Yep, it was not my first watch-rodeo. So, here are a few of my earlier makes in the watch department.
I made this one for Rein about a year ago. He wanted a sort of rustic watch with a wide band and a big buckle. I used an old watch of his for the head, and some studs to attach it to the wrist band. He was very happy with the result. After I had all the bits together, it was a rather simple make.
This is the watch that started the embroidered watch mania for me. For a while I was seriously contemplating doing a whole series of these for sale. But, given your massive (lol) interest in the watch auction, I guess it was the right decision not to. Seriously, though, no-one interested in an embroidered leather wrist watch? Anyone?
Last, but not least, the leather wrap watch I made for Mari Krõõt. Not a very successful make, I must admit, as the watch-head turned out to be broken, and had to be replaced. And then that one turned out to be flawed as well. I guess it simply wasn't meant to be, hah? Luckily, Mari Krõõt is a DIY queen herself now, and made herself a new one.

And, if all of this got you wanting more, you can check out my first watch DIY I did as a guest post, and take a look at yesterday's post as well.

Just in case you missed all the crumbs I've been spreading, there's still time to get that auction going and get yourself this leather watch right here!

Thanks for stopping by!
xo. Hanna

4 comments:

  1. See Reinule tehtud kell on nii äge! Ma otsin juba kaks aastat omale õiget kellalapatsit (suurt ümarat ja numbritega), et ka midagi taolist (või kangaga) meisterdada. Aga tundub, et keegi otsib veel, sest kaltsukais neid ei leidu ega vanavanemate sahtlites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neid poode on netis tegelikult päris palju, mis ilusaid kelli müüvad. Kas sa oled välismaalt ka otsinud? Paavlis olen ka silmanud mõningaid päris ägedaid. Ükskord olin niiii lähedal ostmisele, aga kuna mu eelarve oli juba lõhki, siis jäi diil katki.

      Delete
    2. Ma pean siis silmad rohkem lahti hoidma teinekord. Aga soovita mõningaid netipoode, kui aega on :)

      Delete
    3. Kusjuures, ma kunagi leidsin ühe väga hea netipoe väga suure valikuga, aga enam ei leia seda linki üles. See läks kõvaketta vahetusega kaduma. Aga kui sa googeldad Watch faces for sale, siis ehk leiad. Ja vaatasin, et Etsys müüakse ka kellatoorikuid selle nime all. Ja vintage kelli muidugi ka, aga need on ehk liiga kallid.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home