2015/03/14

Read & Relax

I don't know about you, but I'm having a pretty lazy Saturday. I slept in big time, and am still sitting in my Pj's as I type this. Yep, it's almost 3pm, and I still haven't gotten dressed. It's that type of day, what can I say. Every now and again I need a day like this. I just got official recognition and confirmation to my over-achiever qualities, so I'm trying to make this a guilt free almost slacking off day. Except for doing my B-school homework, cleaning the apartment a little, and going to a clothing swap party later. So, does that still count as a lazy Saturday? I'm beginning to see, that's the laziest I'm capable of without feeling guilty.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the buns picture above were made by team Saar last weekend, and they were amazing! We need to stop making dozens of cinnamon, chocolate, and raisin buns - my pants are getting tight.

Before I go and slack off Hanna style, I thought I'd share some great articles and inspiring stories I've bookmarked over the past couple of weeks.

Since starting B-school I've been reading more business-related articles than I usually do, but I think this one is a fun and inspiring for non-business folks as well. Warning! This might make you feel bad about yourself a little, so consume with caution.

This segment from the Daily Show is hilarious, but so saddening and infuriating at the same time. I had a lot of feelings after watching it, and frustration was definitely on of them. But, it was also very funny.

Elise's podcast has been on my must-listen-to list for a while now. Her last podcast about copyrights couldn't have come at a better time for me. If your into creative businesses, motivation and goal-setting and the behind the scenes stuff (anything related to creative businesses really), I highly recommend tuning in.

It was so interesting to read Grace's essay on negativity online. She's a blogger I've admired for years now, and reading her take on the bullying I see online sometimes was really thought-provoking.

And, since reading is always better with a cup of coffee, here's how to make your own coffee syrup to make an even leckerer java experience.

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, whether it's a lazy or productive one.

xo. Hanna

P.S! If you've been living under a rock, taken an internet sabbatical, or haven't visited me in the last few weeks, I published a crafty home decor book, and you should check it out. (Practicing my marketing skills, people)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home