2012/12/14

DIY Leather Heart stud earrings


After making a patch of leather earrings for my shop, I knew I had to experiment more with leather jewelry. So when the idea of leather hearts popped into my head a month ago, I knew it had to make these. They are super easy and quick to make. So they're perfect as last minute gifts when you're out of ideas, but need still want to add something handmade into the gift bag.


You could make these in different color or switch from leather to felt. And might I mention how cute they look! I'm definitely going to make more.

Click below for the tutorial after the jump.


Here's how:


1. You'll need a little bit of leather, scissors, cardboard and pencil, superglue and metal earring studs.
2. - 4. Draw half a heart on a piece of cardboard, fold and cut. You can make the heart as big or small as you want. Now you have a template.
5. Use the template to mark the heart shape onto the leather. A marker of some sorts usually works best on leather as opposed to pencil.
6. Cut out 2 hearts.
7. Optional step! I wanted to experiment with coloring leather, so I used my silver ink pen to color the hearts. I kind of wish I'd left them red, but then again I like than the texture that the silver ink creates.
8. Use super glue (I used Super Attack Gel) to glue the metal earring studs onto your leather hearts. Let dry for at least 30 minutes.
You're done!

I hope you'll have fun making these! Have a very crafty and holiday spirited weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, love simplicity, the shiny is nice. rattling jewellery plan. Seems like they'd be fairly inexpensive to make, think two teenage grand daughters would love these. Next time I'm in craft store I'll be looking out for the supplies. Great post
    . Glad you had a good break, you deserve it. Sometimes other things like your family, friends deserve to come first before your blog.
    wedding-earrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, perfect. Fortunately, I found your website!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home