2012/12/11

Refashionista: Lengthening the hem with lace


Sometimes all a blouse needs is a little bit of extra length to make it wearable again. That's where lace come in handy. It's a pretty and easy way to lengthen a garment and add a little bit of flair.


Place the lace on the right side of the garment, near the edge/hem and sew in place with a straight or zig-zag stitch. Connect the two ends of lace by overlapping them about 1 cm and zig-zag stitching them together. And your done! This method can also be used with stretchy material (like t-shirts) by choosing stretchy lace. And it could be a perfect solution for short sleeves as well.

I hope this gives you another clever idea to remake an unused garment in your wardrobe.

(P.S. Thanks to my lovely model Marita)

2 comments:

  1. I did this once to a black shirt I had that was junior's...it fit great on top but was just too short! The lace works perfect! I like this top! The lace looks really pretty! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Chloe! I have used it on other tops as well and lace really does make a pretty hem.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home