2012/12/05

Wardrobe Reinvention: Sweaters with a twist

Sweaters are an essential part of any wardrobe, especially for us living in quite far in the North. The winters tend to be long and harsh, so we spend most of the year covered up in sweaters. This means, that knowing how to get the most out of your sweater collection becomes important. It can be boring to wear the same sweater the same way for  weeks. So, here's two possibilities to spice it up!


Buttoned up sweaters can be worn upside down, turning it into a big-collared shrug. Sweaters with a simple cut work best for this.


This sweater was my grandmothers, passed on to my Mother, who passed it on to me. It's basically a family heirloom. I love the lacy texture of the knit. So cute!


I totally stole this idea from a very stylish girl from school (Hi Kadi!). I think this is a genius idea. Just a few years ago low V-necks were so in, and we probably all have one or two of them in our wardrobe. I haven't worn mine in a long time, but this idea has brought it right back to my favorites.



I especially love how the v-neck creates a beautiful low back. And the front has a somewhat retro feel to it. Perfect with a brooch and a narrow belt. 

What do you think? Would you dare to wear a sweater upside down?

4 comments:

  1. Hanna, these are such great ideas! I never even thought of wearing a cardigan upside down, but now I can't wait to try it....and I have to say that your lacy one is so beautiful, and a classic too since it stood the test of time so well - your grandmother has great taste!

    I think the V-neck idea is really nice too, since I prefer a low back to having the deep V-neck in the front, and I have just the blouse to try it out with. Another idea that I love is to wear a buttoned-up cardigan back to front, and that way it adds a little interest to the backside of your outfit.

    Hope you're having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Ana! I'm going to try that out as well.

      Delete
  2. You are a genius. I love these ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blushing! I really can't take all the credit though, since I got the ideas from someone else. But I'm glad you got some new ideas you love.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home