2012/12/31

My Favorites of 2012

The end of 2012 is here! As I'm celebrating the final hours of this year, it's the perfect time to look back on this year's highlights.



For me, this year was full of milestones and big changes. In June I turned 25 and got my Master's degree in psychology. I was so proud of myself for getting my degree while pursuing my dream of becoming an opera singer. You can read more about my story here.

Starting this blog was another big leap I took this year. I've been blogging for a couple of years now, but so far my blogging had been sporadic to say the least. By now, blogging has become part of me and I couldn't have imagined how much fun it can be. I love sharing my ideas and connecting with you! There are so many talented bloggers out there, I'm just lucky to be part of it. I have great plans for this blog and I've already mapped out my goals for 2013, but those will remain my little secret. I just hope I can inspire you and share some great projects to add little handmade touches to your style and your home. Here are my top 5 favorite blog posts of 2012:


1. I love love love the whole wardrobe reinvention series. I have learned so much about my style through these posts. And the 1 skirt 6 ways post is still one of my very favorites.


2. The lace heart cutout t-shirt is my favorite DIY project this year. I've worn this tee so much, and I'm not really a t-shirt kind of girl.


3. This was my favorite jewelry project aside from those made for my shop. It so easy, yet so glamorous.


4. The button embellished clutch is my go-to bag at the moment. There are so many festivities going on, and it's the perfect size bag to hold all my necessities.


5. And the top 5 wouldn't be complete without the sweater socks. These seem to be the all around favorite of the year. I love them and have been wearing them quite a lot during this cold month. I have some pink sweater sleeves lined up for another pair of socks.




And then there's one projects that I just have to mention because I'm so proud of it. It's not one, but 4 blog posts that make up Pearls and Scissors' Fall lookbook. It was a huge undertaking for me, but I love how it turned out. You can see the whole book here.

I can't wait to find out what 2013 has in store for me. 2012 was full of surprises and wonderful moments. And I have the feeling, that 2013 will kick 2012's butt.

I wish you and your's a wonderful New Year's Eve with lots of laughs, fun and surprises!

5 comments:

  1. Buon anno!
    Bonne année!
    Happy new year!
    Feliz Ano Novo!
    Счастливого Нового Года!
    С Новым Годом!
    ¡Feliz año nuevo!
    Ein gutes neues Jahr!
    Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!
    Boldog új évet!
    Gelukkig nieuwjaar!
    Un An Nou fericit!
    İyi seneler!
    Yeni yılınız kutlu olsun!
    Gott Nytt År!
    Buon anno!
    Onnellista uutta vuotta!
    שנה טובה!
    Godt nytt år!
    Štastný nový rok
    Sretna Nova godina!
    عام جديد سعيد !
    Ευτυχισμένος ο καινούργιος χρόνος!
    Šťastný nový rok!
    Godt nytår!
    Feliĉan novjaron!
    Bonan novjaron!
    Srečno novo leto
    Feliç Any Nou!
    Gëzuar vitin e ri!
    Srećna Nova Godina!
    نايا سال مبارک هو
    Щастлива Нова година!
    Xīnnián hǎo!
    Achemasite omedetoo !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your Master's!!! What an achievement! Ooo I like that wire bracelet! I'm going to go check out your post on that!

    Bes wishes for the new year! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like it has been an amazing year for you - especially graduating from your Master's program. Congratulations! I've loved following along and getting inspired by all your beautiful DIY projects. Can't wait to see what 2013 brings along!

    Callie
    www.coffeenadcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved having you around in the comments and meeting you over at your blog as a guest blogger! Happy New Year!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home