2014/05/09

Summer sewing inspiration

Images: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

Despite the rain and cold outside, I'm getting excited about planning my summer sewing. It's sort of my end of term tradition to drool over pretty summer clothing and dream about all the pretty clothing I'll be sewing for myself once the finals madness is behind me.

My main goal this summer is to sew through as much of my existing fabric stash as humanly possible. With the prospect of maybe moving to another country and having to part with my sewing machines and fabrics for an unimaginably long time, I need to make the most of the time that's left.

Here's a list of my sewing plans for the summer:

1. Tops and Tees - I have some vintage lace curtain fabric that I want to make into a loose lace blouse. I'm loving the lace top trend this season, so I'm definitely going to make some for myself. I'd also like to add some more casual t-shirts and blouses to my wardrobe and use up the jersey in my stash. Plus, I have a couple of fancy blouse design ideas I'd love to bring to life. We'll see...

2. Dresses - I'd love to have a cute chambray number in my wardrobe, although I don't have the fabric for it yet (buying new fabric isn't exactly stash busting, I know). I'd also like to make some cute floral dresses and experiment with cut outs and low back necklines. There are definitely a couple of maxi dresses in my near sewing future. They're perfect for our summer weather - all my maxis get a ton of wear. Must make more. Oh, and then a couple of fancy dresses for performances.

3. Bottoms - I'm thinking of making a pair of short culottes in a pretty pattern. I have a super pretty mint polka dot fabric in my stash that would be perfect for it. I'd also like to add a pair of colorful trousers, and versatile skirts to my wardrobe. And, at least one pretty maxi skirt.

I'm so excited about getting started!

What are you planning to sew for this summer? Is there something you'd like to see a tutorial on?


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Juba õmblengi endale suveks pikka kleiti...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma olen kade. Mina saan alles ülejärgmisel nädalal õmblema hakata. Igatahes, tubli, ja tahaks siis lõpptulemust ka näha :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts below! I appreciate every comment, question, thought and kind word. Thank you!

Next Post Previous Post Home